Welcome to the PPANE Prez Blog

A lot happens between one convention to the next. I hope this blog will share with the members all the STUFF in between. Enjoy and please contact me at ppaneprez@ppane.com if you have something you would like to share for the blog.



If you would like to receive emails when something is posted, please add your address on the left under "sign me up" and you will automatically be notified.



Want me to add you to the CHECK IT OUT list. Send me your blog address to ppaneprez@ppane.com

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Memories for a lifetime!

As president of PPANE one of the best parts about visiting other associations is the members that you get to meet. Being a judge also has its perks, the giving out a judges choice ribbon. In Maine I had the opportunity to meet Melissa in the hospitality suite the night before judging had started. She told me that she had entered a print for the first time and she was a little nervous. I gave her the advice not to enter anything she was emotionally attached to in the beginning. Little did I know.The next day was print judging and that night I found myself sitting with Melissa at the end of the day. I had to ask her how she did, VERY excitedly Melissa told me that her print was going to hang in the show. When I asked her what print was hers, she described a print that I remembered from the first 15 prints we judged. I then asked her the story behind the print knowing from the title there whad to be a story. It turned out it was VERY personal story and she had a definate emotional attachment to her print. I choose to give Melissa my judges choice ribbon. Her storyand print were 100% why we do what we do, it is not about scores, ribbons or money. It is about capturing a moment that forever will be preserved. Melissa, thank you for sharing your story with me!!


What a great way to start my 6 state travels. Maine maybe in my review mirror, but the memories will be with me for a lifetime!

A BIG thank you to Mark Haskell, Alan Boutot and Tim Byrne for the help with images for the blog!

No comments: