Welcome to the PPANE Prez Blog

A lot happens between one convention to the next. I hope this blog will share with the members all the STUFF in between. Enjoy and please contact me at ppaneprez@ppane.com if you have something you would like to share for the blog.



If you would like to receive emails when something is posted, please add your address on the left under "sign me up" and you will automatically be notified.



Want me to add you to the CHECK IT OUT list. Send me your blog address to ppaneprez@ppane.com

Saturday, November 15, 2008

All decked out!!


2008 PPANE Board Portrait



Here is the Executive board with Roland. Many of you know Roland as the backbone of PPANE. And there is no doubt its true, and can be seen easily from the outside. Until you serve on this committee, you really have no idea how much Roland does. I can not tell you how many calls I have made and how many questions I have asked him in the last 5 years. I am sure I will have many more to come for him this year!!



I have spent many years serving on boards. I can honestly say this Executive committee is the best balance I have ever seen. One might think to say that we all have the same opinion. Well to know any of us, you would know that would be impossible. Lets start with Tom. Tom is the most kind hearted, soft spoken person you could meet. He makes sure that any decisions we make are handled gently. Then there is Candace, she is as fair and honest as they come. Her business sense is what has kept her as the VP of Finance for 2 years years. Candace makes sure we are always on the up and up with our decisions. Then there is ME, I am the doer, get things done kind of gal! Give me an idea, and I can make it happen. Now we have Nancy, her enthusiasm is contagious, she makes sure all her T are crossed and her i are dotted. She makes sure we stay on track with our missions. And now Mr. President, himself, Bernie. Bernie has been the one that can blend us into ONE. His calming, laid back approach in making sure we don't make hasty decisions has been invaluable. I have heard many state that we all have the same opinion, and the fact is, if we are doing our job right when we walk out of a board room we should have the same opinion. We start out with 6 different opinions, we listen to each other, work through the idea's and come up with ONE opinion or decision that we can all support and have a united front. Bernie has the skills needed to bring us together!


This is my DAD!! It really meant a lot for me, for him to travel many hours driving from upstate NY to see me installed as president. I grew up living with my mother and step father, and my dad didn't always get to see many of my accomplishments growing up. It was nice to share this with him. Unfortunately, due to health reason's my mother and step father could not attend.









Brad and I with my Dad and Doris.










I am sure it will feel like a blink of an eye and I will be in this photograph of the past presidents.

No comments: