Welcome to the PPANE Prez Blog

A lot happens between one convention to the next. I hope this blog will share with the members all the STUFF in between. Enjoy and please contact me at ppaneprez@ppane.com if you have something you would like to share for the blog.



If you would like to receive emails when something is posted, please add your address on the left under "sign me up" and you will automatically be notified.



Want me to add you to the CHECK IT OUT list. Send me your blog address to ppaneprez@ppane.com

Friday, April 24, 2009

VPP 80th Banquet

VPP kept up with tradition and went out of their way to let the PPANE President feel their support, love and pride as the PPANE President was from Vermont. Gillian crowned me "The Empress of PPANE". Not many years back I had crowned Arnie the King, Gillian the Queen and Lizzari the Jester!





I have given a lot of speeches this year and this was a tough one. I have done all I can to spread the word across NE about family, and here I was standing in front of my VPP family. This is where I learned about the importance of bylaws, accountability, loyalty and humor, dependability, even keelness, life long friends and to have fun!

The PPANE Presidents scholarship winner was
Sarah McGarghan
Allan Besbris
Wayne Tarr


It was nice to share this part of my life with Brad's daughter, Caitlyn. Everyone went out of their way to make her feel welcomed and part of our VPP family. She knew many from our Groton camping trips!







The absolute highlight of the VPP banquet was Nancy Green receiving the Vermont National Award. I have seen this award given many many times and Nancy takes the cake for being sincerely honored and surprised!


To know this women is to LOVE her!! Helen thank you so much for being part of VPP 80th convention. I know your travels are extremely busy, and the effort to be at our little state was appreciated by all. WE LOVE YOU!





Helen wasn't the only special women in the house, our very own Anne Jenks... Memere to me. She is the mother of Bob Jenks and one of the most amazing women I have ever met.








Showing off the medal that Matty gave me at his wedding this summer. Matt had 7 of us VPP'rs photograph his and Angela's wedding. That is a different story for a another day. Actually you can read about it on our personal blog at www.thegoodhales.blogspot.com, click on Oct and you will see!



Here I am with a past president of VPP, Sharron Harrington. Sharron and I went through the VPP chairs together. I don't get to see her often and it meant the world to have her at the VPP 80th banquet.

No comments: