Welcome to the PPANE Prez Blog

A lot happens between one convention to the next. I hope this blog will share with the members all the STUFF in between. Enjoy and please contact me at ppaneprez@ppane.com if you have something you would like to share for the blog.



If you would like to receive emails when something is posted, please add your address on the left under "sign me up" and you will automatically be notified.



Want me to add you to the CHECK IT OUT list. Send me your blog address to ppaneprez@ppane.com

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Maine Convention, the start of my N.E. tour!

Ah, the beginning of my New England tour as PPANE prez begins. First stop Hawaii.....uh, I mean Maine.



A whole day dedicated to print judging with no programing to lure us away. I learned a lot. I will never put a big bright orange stroke around an image again!


I was happy to win a court of honor for the category of our of state entries (don't ask how many there were).


I thought the PPANE/NEIPP table looked pretty snazzy, lots of images to look at. I'm glad Steve Lourenco took so many great shots of our convention last September, giving me the opportunity to make a cool banner with them. Thanks Lenzart for printing and shipping it really fast so I'd have it in time!





One of the new friends I made, he is fresh out of college and really eager to learn. Cool to hang out with someone who's just starting, made me feel so smart! Davin, hope we'll see you at NEIPP. You gotta take Doug Box's class.


I missed CT's own Bruce Hutchison give his talk in our state, so glad I had a chance to catch it here. He'll be heading to Afghanistan for a year of active duty, and doing more combat photography. Please keep your head low. We want you to be safe, and come back with more riveting tales for us!


Thanks Maniacs for making my first stop on the tour a really pleasant experience!




No comments: